Entry-level Centralized Scheduler, PACE Center of Northern Virginia
Northern Virginia (Alexandria)
To allow frail elderly people to age in the location of their choosing and continue to lead connected, meaningful lives
The Centralized Scheduler is responsible for providing a variety of office support functions, including but not limited to: scheduling and coordinating office visits, making and receiving telephone calls, filing, and data entry. The position provides administrative support to the clinic staff, providers, therapies departments and external contracted providers, while ensuring all participant appointments are scheduled, tracked, and reported to all relevant stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following essential functions of this position are performed personally, in cooperation with your supervisor, and/or in coordination with other staff. Additional work functions and duties may be assigned.
- Participant Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules and coordinates internal and external clinic appointments to include but not limited to: PACE clinic, dental, dermatology, orthotic, vision clinic, and other contracted providers appointments
- Collaborates with specialists and required PACE disciplines to ensure appropriate treatment plan coordination
- Places reminder calls to participants regarding clinic and outside appointments
- Coordinates scheduled appointments with the transportation department
- Uses resources and equipment to prepare a variety of periodic and special reports, which may require gathering data from several sources, compiling data, and arranging it in a prescribed format
- Enters data into the Electronic Medical Record(i.e., scheduling, verification of services, etc.).
- Creates and maintains documents which may require arithmetic calculations
- Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies
- Completes all other duties as assigned by the Scheduling Manager